I have lost around 60 or 70 lbs on a low-carb lifestyle change – what many call the Keto Diet. It is by far not a no-carb diet as I often get Boneless Chicken Wings from various places and other ‘breaded’ meals – but I don’t eat fries, rice, bread, buns, etc. for the most part, no sugary drinks, or such excessively carb heavy things like that. Hiking and exercise are good parts of it as well – which I need to do more of.
So, I’d like to share my little creation for the diet, that includes some thermogenic assistance as well – what I call my Keto Crack Casserole:
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground sausage
- 2 chopped Jalepenos
- 1 chopped banana pepper (Together should be 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup each of chopped red peppers, green peppers and red onions.
- 1 pkt onion dip seasoning
- 2 pkt ranch seasoning
- 2 tbsp Northwoods Fire (Penzey’s) or Northwoods if you don’t like the heat.
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, Jack blend, etc)
- 1 1/2 cups Crushed crispy fried onions (topping)
- Sautee veggies in a little extra virgin olive oil
- Brown ground meat together in a big pan
- Toss in sautéed veggies, spices and seasoning
- Put in cheeses and blend on low heat
- Transfer to 10×10 casserole dish.
- Add topping.
- Cook on 350 for 15 minutes.
I also mention the benefits of Bone Broth (click the link), which are pretty good – especially on the Keto diet.